Monday, September 23, 2013

To keep on a schedule, I'm going ahead and posting...something...as a placeholder for conversations of merit and pictures. Consider this white noise.

I'm getting ready for My Very First Trip to Disney World - seven days, eighteen hours and seventeen minutes as of this moment - and am kind of overwhelmed by the looming nearness of it all. I've been planning to take this trip for well over a year, and actively planning the trip itself since April. So I have months and months of blog reading and menu scanning and resort comparisons and must-sees and must-dos and must-eats rolling around my head...I feel I have consumed all the existing Magic (TM), but it's the week before I go so surely there must be something left to do! But there's not. It's just me, left to finally figure out how to finish the shoulders of that one shirt and piling items on top of my (brand new, steal of a) suitcase. Thankfully, I've piles of things to move and sort here in the office - my mother will be filling my chair while I'm out of town, so much straightening is required.

While I was talking to a friend last week, she told me her four year old described such feelings as being BIGCITED, which feels exactly right. I am bigcited for this trip, and I can't believe it's already almost here.